Thursday, April 7, 2011

Growing Old with His Love


Growing Old with His Love

How can we enhance everything about us that has changed
Like flowers cut and in vases our faces wilt in all of the places
Yet when I see my lady with love's eyes/ she is so beautiful
More beautiful each and every day/ our endings waiting
I am busy celebrating every inch of her fully revealed

She sees me/ her handsome man/ she sweetly calls me
Mother of our four children/ miracles each of them
All grown up and gone away/ except on visiting days
We enjoy our empty nest/ closely savoring each caress
Desiring close encounters nightly in each others arms

A heart attack and she was every so close to her death
My lady/ my love/ my soulmate/ my every breath
God gave her back to me again/ after healing her heart
After my soul wept endlessly on dark and darker nights
Growing old together these things happen and change our lives

Yet we look into each others eyes/ agree these days are the best of our lives
Rituals of togetherness continue to create loving bonds as our hearts respond
We are growing old together and we don't know what's in our future
So we taste the goodness of our togetherness like wonderful fine wines
We freely make each of the moments given to us the best of our lives

2 comments:

The Poet said...

So beautiful...still enjoying & cherishing each other even as you age. I can definitley feel the love. Very nicely done.

Grace C Sass said...

Beautiful...that is what true love is all about...been there for each other...to love endlessly...respect...enjoy life to the full...together...till your breath runs out