Thursday, April 7, 2011

Four Fellows and Friends



Four Fellows and Friends

We began by thinking that friendships last forever
We never expected that they would gather dust
We never ever thought that we'd lose touch
We shared often and then gradually much less
One day I wondered what had happened to us

Four fellows my groomsmen and best man
Exist now in wedding pictures and memories
One actually visited me with his new wife
We talked together about detail of our lives
So far we haven't seen each other again

From my years in high school
From my days in college
A collection of different guys
Each unique in his own way
Shadows of our yesterdays

Where are they now and older
Will I see them again four fellows
Will life be kind and find a meeting place
A time when we can reminisce
And how do we understand any of this


No comments: