Monday, December 24, 2012


Snowy Memories

Two of my sons shoveling snow in Idaho
in front of our home, not so long ago.
Photos taken when they lived with us.
Photos taken of two of my three sons.
After clearing our driveway, time to play.
Together they sculptured the snow.
Together they made a snow statue  
and after that hot cocoa for those two.

They grew up to be two strong men
and then so soon they all left home.
They left home like my other son
and my daughter to begin new lives.   
Snow memories in two photos  
viewed again as a Christmas ritual.

December 24, 2012 and my wife is sick.
Our family gathering canceled
on this beautiful Idaho snowy day.
Just my wife and I at home in our house,
and no snowy memories will be made.
Maybe we will gather later this week.
Lots of presents waiting beneath
our family Christmas tree.   
  

No comments: