Friday, January 4, 2013

 

Nobody Wins

I wonder if after all of the wars 
and high stacks of corpses  
millions of dead bodies in so many graves
does anybody ever win?
I have finally discovered
that we keep having wars
and more and more soldiers 
and innocents, mothers and children
and men who aren't soldiers die.      

I wonder what would happen
if we got to know each other
as sisters and brothers
in the human family
and if we understand each other   
and lose all of are fears,
could we all live together in peace.

It seems to me that the tradjadies
come back with our soldiers
as well as to many soldiers 
who return in coffins.
All of the hurts, pain and horrors
live with us long afters the wars end. 
It seems to me that nobody really wins.

What I don't understand
is why we don't learn from
those hurtful, painful and horrible
experiences.
I don't understand why intelligent humans
continue to keep on killing each other. 
I do honor the brave soldiers 
who stand up to protect all of us.
I do honor all of the brave soldiers
who die for us.

Yet I see clearly that after all of the wars,
the truth is apparent.
Nobody wins. YES nobody wins.
So why do we have to have so many wars?
Why can't we learn this basic lesson
and see that nobody wins.  
    

 


No comments: