Monday, July 6, 2009

Friends


Drawing at the top
"The Cat's Outside"
Drawing at the bottom
"Three Friends and One More."

If you look at the drawing , "Three Friends and One More," you may miss the little guy or assume that he is the girl's doll. A group of friends seems to be like that; one friend doesn't get noticed, or doesn't see, to stand out.

I am not sure that the phrase, "Birds of a feather flock together," is true. Oh sure, sometimes they dress alike, and they may speak the same lingo, but don't be fooled; they are different in many ways; they only pretend to be the same.

It is true that they may share some of the same values, or hairdo's, or visual cues to prove that they are the same, but different than others. Trust me, within our hidden selves may be our "good riddins selves," , stuff that may awaken friends from their intellectual slumber enough for a, "Hey, you are different from me. Can I live with that." What's happened to viva la difference?" Nothing, except boys finally figure out why girls want the seat left down, and ; "Does that have anything to no with sex?

I am wondering if we just pretend not to see or hear any differences because we need friends. You will notice the drawing on the top is ,"The cat's outside of the house," and then you notice the little mouse. We may use the phrase, "The cat's out of the bag." I trust that you don't keep your cat in a bag, though on occasion your cat may explore a bag because cats are continually curious. Literally the phrase means that the cat is out exploring something else, a box, or some tiny insect traveling through our house. We don't keep our secrets in bags on four by six inch note cards, though that would save a lot of time. Our friends could draw a note card from our bag and we would be the topic for discussion. I actually don't have any secrets, except for a few very boring secrets like, I can't do Trig, Geometry, or Calculus.

I believe I'll end this blog with a phrase now repeated. which I have dissected from an embarrassing moment in puberty, "VIVA LA DIFFERENCE!" By the way, It's no secret that puberty is embarrassing.

Bear

No comments: