Saturday, July 4, 2009

Family












Family

The greatest gift that a man can have as shades of gray and white fill his hair, mustache, and beard, is family. Three of my children got married and now Chris, Rachel and Megan are members of our family. After many years, Cole (in the orange sweat shirt), has returned to us and we celebrate is presence in our live. This weekend we met his lady, Sierra and already we love her.
C.C. (my youngest son) has put a new kind of door handle all all of our doors because the old ones hurt his mother's hands (Arthritis required a different kind of handle. He rewired a shag lamp and put a better switch on it and helped me haul stuff to the dump. Our new projects are putting in wood flours and new bath room fans, and he is in charge of them. I am his assistant and I enjoy mt time with him.
Chris and Jennifer have brought our granddaughter Zoe into our lives and they have opened their hearts to us.
Tom and Rachel are looking for a house and they send us pictures of homes that they bid on We love them and celebrate their happiness.
Megan has a kind, loving grace-filled spirited and a beautiful smile. She shares her life with us and we count it a blessing.
Jean and Pat, and Carolyn were there for us when during the hard times after I left the ministry.
We have adopted Fowler into our family. We look forward to his wedding. Fowler and I have been exchanging thoughts in e-mails. When we are together we smoke our pipes and talk about important things.
This may sound like personal stuff, but it is also the beautiful essence of family life.
My second oldest son Tom helped us many times out of love. We provided us with a new dishwasher, refrigerator, washer, and computer and ask nothing in return. His love humbled me and filled me with joy.
The oldest son Lee visits us about every other week. He brings us new knowledge and ideas, food for thought about the world we live in.
Chris has the courage to be open with me and he teaches me about relationships. Sometimes we smoke our pipes together and enjoy our pipes.
Jennifer is a wonderful mother and she shares Zoe with us. She has a sweet and caring heart.
I am blessed by God with a wonderful family.

Bear



No comments: