Saturday, April 19, 2008

Standing on the steps a journey begins
a little boy wearing cowboy boots
and lots of attitude
as he looks at life.
He can not imagine what awaits him.
He can not predict the weather
in each of seasons of his life
that lay ahead in the seasons
spring, summer, fall and winter
that messure the years and changes
that will shape him him, please him, tortment or tease him and
fill him we heart racing, quick passing, all embracing love.
His experiences have only allowed him to read
the first pages of the book that will contain
all of the chapters of his life.
Some believe that each sentance is written by the stars.
I watch them read their horocsopes each day in the newspaper.
Others believe that a divine hand has touched their lives
and left fingerprints on their souls and has made a specific plan
that will guide them through mortality to a promised land.
When I wore boots and lots of attitude at the tender age of five
I met God, my creator, and I knew the reason for my life,
and I defied the rules and the tradition of my church
just eight years old was I, and formally baptized.
I knew then that my life was not an accident,
that I was chosen and called by God
to wear the yoke that Elijah the prophet
and Paul the missionary evangelist wore.
Later I learned that God knew each of us before the dawn of time
before God created the world and blew into the clay the breath of life
and first living being, the first human being, became a living soul.
Later I learned that God knit me together in my mother's womb,
and already had seen all of the days of my life, that I am still living the pages in the chapters of the book of my days that were written with with great love and compassion.
I have read pages from future chapter in advance on occassion, which means that I have had visions, and they have come to pass. I have come to new places and I recognized everything that was there.
You will shout to me, "What about free will?" I will answer, "There is God's will and there is the will of an evil enemy who seeks to seduce us and destroy our lives." There are moments when we are free to choose God's will, or become slaves of our worst mortal enemy, but not every moment is a moment of choice. Something must awaken us, and soften our hard hearts, and shout to us, "Whoever Jesus Christ sets free is free indeed."
Frredom in error, false freedom, is believing that true freedom is doing whatever we want to do. That is the freedom of folly which come from a place in our hearts that caused angels to fall. I call it intellectual suicide because the wisdom of man is foolishness compared to the Wisdom of God.
Too much attitude must humbled on our knees as we surrender our will to God,
and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior. Only then can we live and experience that pages and chapters that God wrote in each of our books, long before the dawn of time.





1 comment:

Brandy said...

I have spent this evening reading through many of your blogs, as well as Tom's. I am saddened that while I had so much time in you house when I was young, I didn't take advantage of the well of wisdom I sat beside. It seems like much too late now, but I suppose feeling bad about it won't change anything. I just wanted to write and tell you how much you and Sharon have always meant to me. For some reason I cannot find the words when I see you in person, so this seems like the best way to let you know. I wish that I could turn back the clocks and sit with you and learn. I never really had a father, and you have always been a great one to your kids. I will keep reading your blogs, I am glad that you write them. It will be a way for me to dip into that well of wisdom I so took for granted all those years ago. I miss you both dearly, and think of you often. I will always keep you in the treasure box of my mind. Thank you for all that you did in molding my young mind. I have come around to the faith that I learned of so long ago. And like so many people, I only wish I would have done it sooner, I surely would have spared myself alot of heartache. However, all things work together for the good of those that love Him and are called according to His purpose. Now I have the unique opportunity to reach out to people that are walking the same wayward path I walked. Isn't the sovreignity of God amazing? He still amazes me each day. I hope that your days are filled with joy and blessing, thank you again for always being an excellent example to me.
With Love Always, Brandy Davis(Doyle)